In addition to the clubs offered through the Outdoor Education Department, a wide variety of trips run throughout the year. By taking boys to new and interesting environments, the aim is to achieve as many of the following goals as possible:
- To create a sense of teamwork within the group.
- To expand and improve upon the skills acquired during weekly sessions.
- To develop an awareness of the environment and our impact upon it.
- To engender an atmosphere of fun and enjoyment.
- To foster a love for travel and the outdoors.
- To celebrate each other’s success and help everyone to improve.
We aim to introduce the boys to a wide range of activities and the following list gives a taste of the sorts of things that the boys have done in recent years.
- Expeditions to Chile, Bolivia and Nepal
- Surf trips within the UK and abroad
- Mountain Biking in Wales and the French Alps
- Wakeboarding within the UK and to Florida
- Climbing in Portland and the Alps
- Ski trips to Europe and the USA
- Inter-school ski championships in the French Alps
- Canyoning, Rafting and Coasteering in the UK and abroad
- Cycling trips including Coast to Coast and a the Alps
For more information and photos of some of these expeditions, please continue browsing the website links for each trip.