James Stremes is the Estates Manager. He was educated at Whitgift and Kent University where he read Politics & International Relations. After a career in the army, he returned to Whitgift in 2006. He recently achieved Certified Information Privacy Professional status in order to oversee the School’s compliance with data protection law.
The main responsibilities of the Estates Manager are:
- The maintenance of the School estate, including buildings, sports pitches and gardens, and the delivery of the required infrastructure for daily business
- The creation of Estates development plans in order to enhance the School estate
- The project management of in-house works and the client representative for contractor works
- The management of School contracts including for catering, cleaning, security, health club provision and numerous maintenance matters
- Personnel management of the Estates Department including the Grounds, Gardens, Maintenance, Facilities and Estates Teams
Back to Senior Management Team